Baked Turkey Burgers on a bed of greens
My latest creation in the kitchen: Turkey burgers!
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- garlic (to taste)
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- nutritional yeast
- Sea salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a blender, place your olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, nutritional yeast, sea salt and black pepper – blend and set aside
- Chop 1 onion finely or mince in a food processor – Set aside
- In a bowl, place your ground turkey and break an egg into it. Add the onion and oil/garlic blended mix
- make balls, just a little smaller than the size of a tennis ball, and flatten on a baking dish over parchment paper
- Cook for ~15 minutes per side until the meat is cooked all the way through.
The salad is very simple – arugula, baby kale, hemp seeds, olive oil, and a mix of two fantastic organic dressings I picked up from the Loft Kitchen. Also, add some avocado for some good fats and nutrients.
This meal is high in protein, detoxifying, and anti-inflammatory!