Chocolate Sweet Potato Coconut Pancakes
It’s September! Fall is my favourite time of year for so many reasons. I love sweater weather, I love fall colours, but most of all, I love fall FOOD! One of my favourite breakfast options is PANCAKES, and I have created a delicious gluten and dairy free pancake recipe that will steal your heart.. or at least your stomach’s heart ;).
As part of my regular food prep, I like to bake whole sweet potatoes and leave them in the fridge for the week. I bake them in the oven, brushed with olive oil and covered in foil at 350 for an hour. You can mash them up to eat with dinner, or you can get creative and use them in desserts! I decided to make them into a batch of pancakes.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- cloves (powder) – just a dash or to taste
- ginger (powder) – just a dash or to taste
- nutmeg (powder) – just a dash or to taste
- chocolate chips
- beat eggs in a mixing bowl
- add sweet potato and vanilla extract, mix again
- add all the powders and other ingredients except for the chocolate chips, mix again
- mix everything well with a hand blender or by hand
- Add as many chocolate chips as you like. I really like the Enjoy Life brand – only 3 ingredients!
- coat a pan or griddle on med-high heat with coconut oil, and make them as you would make any other pancake, flipping them when they start to bubble at the top
These are delicous, free of gluten and dairy, and packed with great nutrients!
Give them a try and let me know how it goes!