- Blessed Thistle: This herb is a great one for milk production (galactagogue), and also helps with postpartum depression.
- Fenugreek: As well as a milk producing herb, this herb helps to decrease inflammation and aids in digestion.
- Goat’s Rue: This herb helps with milk production, but is also great for balancing blood sugar.
- Red Raspberry Leaf: As mentioned above, this herb is most importantly used to help tone the uterus. This is important post birth as your uterus has a lot of work to do to get back down to size.
- Nettle: This herb is a nutritive tonic, which helps to keep nutrients up for mom and baby.
- Fennel: This herb is great for milk production and also helps to ease digestion for both mom and baby. Great for colic and gas.
- Motherwort: This herb is great for anxiety relief, can prevent hemorrhage, and is a uterine tonic
- Red Clover: This herb is rich in minerals, helps with milk production, supports the lymphatic system and helps to balance estrogen.
- Schizandra: This herb is an adaptogen which is a class of herbs that helps to support the adrenal glands to decrease stress (which every new mom could use).