Egg & Avocado Wraps
This is one of my favourite, quick, simple & delicious meals. It’s great for any meal of the day.
- Rice paper sheets
- Nori sheets
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 an avocado
- turmeric powder
- black pepper
- coconut oil
- heaping fork full of sauerkraut
- dipping sauce: spoonful of almond butter, dash of tamari, water for consistency
- Line pan with coconut oil
- Mix eggs in a bowl with a good sprinkle of turmeric powder and ground black pepper
- Pour into heated pan & scramble the eggs – set aside
- Carefully, take a sheet of rice paper in your hands and run it under hot water (I use the faucet)
- Place the softened rice paper sheet on a plate flat and place a nori sheet directly on top & pat it down so it sticks
- Put 1/2 the eggs and 1/4 avocado & sauerkraut into the middle of the rice paper/nori sheet and roll it like a burrito
- Do the same once more (this will make 2 wraps)
- For your sauce, add a heaping spoonful of almond butter to a bowl, throw in some tamari and water (you’ll find your ideal saltiness and consistency – I generally put a few swigs of tamari and add bits of water while I’m mixing to find a good consistency)
One amazing thing about this meal is that turmeric and black pepper are a very important food combination. The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, is absorbed better in your body in the presence of black pepper. So make sure you use both of them!
This meal is high in protein, healthy fats, and again, those detoxifying greens! Sea greens are also high in many of the minerals we are lacking in our daily diets, like iodine, which helps to stabilize the thyroid.