Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins
This recipe was born when I was at a cottage, and assigned to breakfast duty. I wanted to make something quick and easy (so that I could get back to frolicking by the lake), that was also guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. I did some research and created this chocolate chip banana oat muffin recipe based on a few others that I had seen online. The result was amazing!
This recipe is perfect for busy moms who want to provide a quick and healthy breakfast for their children. You can double the recipe and freeze them for even more time saving in the morning!
It’s also a perfect recipe to have on hand for postpartum recovery! I made them over and over again for 2 months of my recovery. Oats are known to help with breast milk production, and they were super easy for my husband or mom to bring to me when I needed a quick bite. I have fond memories of my hubby setting up my bedside with these muffins, a bowl of grapes, my Mother’s Helper Tea and some water before he left for work.
This recipe makes 12 full sized muffins.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional, but delicious)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs (or flax/chia eggs for an egg free version)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond milk
- chocolate chips (as many as your heart desires) *enjoy life brand makes a great dairy, soy and nut free chocolate chip*
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line muffin tin with paper liners (parchment paper liners are a great option)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl
- Beat the eggs in another bowl, and add all the other wet ingredients
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin liners (they will be quite loose/liquid-y)
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving
Get the 5 step blueprint to healing your body after pregnancy and childbirth: