Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Now that I’m in the final stretch of my pregnancy, I am craving comfort foods, and what is more comforting than a fresh loaf of banana bread out of the oven? Well, the only thing better is a gluten, dairy and refined sugar free banana bread fresh out of the oven!
Banana bread is one of the easiest things to create without sugar because bananas are one of nature’s sweetest fruits. They are also packed with nutrients, and even more so as they ripen. You will need 2 very ripe bananas for this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda (mix in at the end after wet and dry are mixed together)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350
- mash the bananas well in the bowl with a fork
- mix with egg and then add the rest of the wet ingredients
- in a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (except for baking soda)
- slowly add dry to wet, fold in the baking soda, and then place into a ghee lined loaf pan for baking
- cook at 350 for 1 hour
This is a perfect recipe to share with family and friends or to enjoy for a breakfast treat. It’s packed with fibre and tons of nutrients, with a hint of sweetness, you’ll feel satisfied and satiated for hours!