Baked Cod & Steamed Kale Salad
This simple meal includes one baked fillet of cod, and one head of kale, sautéed to make a beautiful kale salad!
I bought a huge cod fillet to make 4 servings.
- Place cod on a baking dish on top of parchment paper
- Salt and pepper both sides, rub it in, and set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a pan, melt some coconut oil and add some minced garlic
- In a bowl, mix turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper, a little bit of wheat free tamari, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and tabasco sauce and then mix into the coconut oil
- Brush the sauce over the whole fillet, both sides
- Cook for 20 minutes
Steamed Kale Salad
- De-stem and wash kale, place in a steamer and leave it for about 5 minutes or until the kale is bright green
- Once cooked, chop the kale into smaller pieces and place into a large bowl
- Add olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, some wheat free tamari and a packet of stevia for a little sweetness if you like (hint – stevia does not raise the blood sugar and comes from a leaf so it’s the best sweetener to use)
- Mix and serve!
There you have it. From Fridge to table in 30 minutes!
Cod is rich in phosphorus and calcium for healthy bones and selenium (a key antioxidant)
Kale is a famous superfood for good reason! It is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients (substances in plants other than vitamins and minerals that provide specific health benefits)