Chocolate Protein Balls
Being a chocolate addict, I always have to find a way to keep it in my regular diet without eating the toxic ingredients in most conventional chocolate.
These protein balls are fast, delicious, and filled with nutrients. They are great for a pre or post workout snack, or just an anytime snack – great to grab on the run!
They are full of protein and fat, and have no gluten, dairy, or refined sugar!
They are simple. Here is what you’ll need:
- Food Processor
- Mixed nuts and seeds – mix it up every time! I used Almonds, walnuts, cashews, and sesame seeds.
- Dates (pitted)
- Cacao powder
- Chia Seeds
- Chocolate Protein Powder: Raw Protein by Garden of Life (it’s my favourite in terms of taste and nutrition, but any chocolate protein powder of your choice will work)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Shredded coconut
- Put everything but the almond milk in the food processor and blend
- Start to add almond milk in slowly until you get a nice thick doughy consistency
- Take a handfull, roll it into a ball, and then roll it onto some shredded coconut
- Freeze them, and take one out about an hour before eating it, or keep a few in the fridge at a time
Enjoy! See photos below 🙂